Wednesday 10 June 2009

WEATHER OR NOT

I often harbour the perverse wish that summer wouldn't roll back around; my love for layering, trousers, knitwear, fur and boots is far too strong to be embodied for only six measly months per year, and to be hidden cruelly way for equally as long as that, crying out to be relived. I always seem to forget that in England, 'summer' does not mean lazy long evenings and floaty dresses, and although we sporadically relish this most of the time we require a lighter version of winter wear; boots are perfect for rain and snow, for November drizzle and the torrential bursting of summer storms mid-June. It is, in fact, raining as I type, which is what inspired me to write this post.
If I were able to afford any boots, these would be my choice, the perfect 'punch', the incredible details... for want of more eloquence, 'swoon'.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These are my favourite ankle boots; a Christmas present, and although comparatively cheap, well out of my proce range. They are a little too high and uncomfortable to enter every day wear, but every now and then, when an outfit calls for a little more attitidude, they are my alternative to a leather jacket, to a studded cuff or an outlandish tattoo. My own tattoo is far too pretty and subtle to be considered 'tough'.
I thought they complimented my newly bleached jeans perfectly, and so I will wear them whether or not it rains.

Photobucket
BOOTS: TOPSHOP, JEANS: DIY (TOPSHOP), VEST: VINTAGE, TOP: H&M

4 comments:

  1. Sick jeans! So jealous, I really need to diy myself a pair. Love those shoes as well.
    Linked you to my blog! Not sure if you do link exchanges, just thought I'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo dangerously hot shoes !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could really go for the ones with the spikes and chains. definitely a possible DIY project but it wouldnt have the same appeal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your jeans! boots are such a essential imo, the weather here is stupidly unpredictable and a pair can really make a outfit work.

    ReplyDelete