Thursday 25 June 2009

JANE ALDRIDGE

A variation on "WHAT the Dickens?" was my first and foulmouthed reaction to the fact that Jane Aldridge, seventeen year old blogger and owner of shit hot shoes probably collectively worth more than my house, had collaborated with Urban Outfitters to design a shoe collection. I mean, she's younger than me! Although she has illustrated talent it is noticeably lifted from her Prada boots and her Ann Demulemeesters, but that's no bad thing, as in the same way Kate Moss lifter her ideas for her first Topshop collection from her own wardrobe.
On the actual shoes, despite the fact I think of peep-toe boots as an abhorration and I don't tend to consider knee length boots as incredibly unflattering on my figure, the boots are actually quite nice, and I love the tongue detailing as it just above the rest of the boot (although I would never, ever buy them because I HATE PEEP TOE BOOTS). They really remind me of her Prada booties. The flats are sweet and the Demulemeester-esque lacing makes them more interesting than any plain black ballet flats, but I can't help but thing of black leather flats as an inherently schooly item. Especially with laces. The gladiators are 'fierce' and ever so Balmain, and I kinda love them but just WISH they had a platform! I have to say generally I like them and take my hat off to her for doing something so amazing at such a young age. Anyway, there isn't much more to say about them and although you've probably seen them on her blog, I will re-post the images here.
Photobucket
Photobucket
NOTE: IF ANYBODY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN A BLOGGER 'SURVEY' OR, MORE APT, QUESTIONNAIRE I WOULD BE HUGELY GRATEFUL SO EITHER COMMENT ME OR SEND ME AN EMAIL TO CAMILLASHOESHINE@LIVE.CO.UK AND I WILL EMAIL THE QUESTIONS TO YOU. THANKS A BUNDLE.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh i abhor peeptoe boots too.. i dont care who wears them.. they just look wrong! she's my age..! i never knew that-- her wardrobe is insane too, ahh jealous. i probably like the gladiators best, im up for the survey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats incredible she get s to do that ..i love her blog

    ReplyDelete